March 16, 2016

REVIEW| LIPIDOL CLEANSING FACE OIL*



If you love Bio-Oil then you'll be glad to know that the makers of the popular multi-purpose oil launched a skincare oil range that promises to  clear your skin of dirt and makeup without stripping the skin's natural oil layer. The Lipidol skincare oil range has six different oils, and I have had the opportunity to test out one of them.

I've been using the Lipidol Cleansing Face Oil* occasionally over the last three months (I prefer to use it when I have heavy makeup on) and so far, it's been working pretty well for me. I've found the oil to be quite effective in removing makeup and cleansing my face. The oil works best when massaged onto a dry face as this allows it to adhere to the makeup and dissolve it. By adding a bit of water and continuing with the massage, a light creamy and foamy emulsion is created which allows the oil and dirt to be easily rinsed off with water. A short tutorial illustrating how I use the oil can be viewed here.


The oil is enriched with a number of essential oils including Rosemary, Niaouli, Argan and Sesame Seed oil. Although I don't enjoy the oils' herbaceous scent, I love that they are packed with vitamins (especially Vitamin E which is great for skin repair) and allow my skin to be instantly moisturised. The cleansing oil also contains other plant extracts including Aloe Vera which is great for soothing and hydrating the skin as well as Salicylic Acid which helps with clearing blemished skin and preventing pimples.

The cleansing oil is definitely one of my favourite skincare products to use this summer.

Lipidol states that the oil is suitable for sensitive skin and is also non-comedogenic, so you can use it without worrying that it'll clog your pores. So whether you have dry, normal, combination (like me) or oily skin, this cleansing oil is def worth a try! The Lipidol Cleansing Face Oil (125ml) is sold exclusively at Clicks for R79,95. 

Hope the review has been helpful!

V  


*The Lipidol Cleansing Face Oil was sent to me by Beauty Bulletin to review as one of 100 beauty influencers testing the product. To check out other posts on social media featuring this ingenious oil cleanser, search #ClearlyLipidol.

  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read through this post and commenting! I'll reply soon

@vuyelwa_vm

© VERY ME VERY V - South African Beauty Blog. Design by FCD.