March 10, 2016

HELLO AGAIN...

South African Beauty Blogger


 Hello...again!

So many thoughts are speeding through my mind as to how I should properly reintroduce myself to the blogging world. To be honest, it feels like I'm writing a much dreaded apology letter that needs to be perfectly articulated and emotionalised, but I’ll try and not take that route.

I started blogging back in 2013 and if you can look at my entry post, my excitement at finally getting the blog up and running was quite palpable...I felt like such an achiever! I imagined that  ideas would come to me like seconds to a minute,  that my amateur photography and editing skills would suffice to produce magazine quality images of my blogging moments but alas, that was not so; I was completely dissatisfied with my approach to blogging. I have since realized that it wasn't my lack of inspiration nor photography skills that got me discouraged about blogging, but rather I was comparing my posts to that of bloggers who had been on the scene since 2009 and being a rather private and lowkey person, the need to be active on social media simply overwhelmed me. Despite all of these challenges, I still loved the idea of blogging about my beauty finds and connecting with like-minded individuals and funnily enough, I kept taking pictures of products I wanted to talk about! It wasn't until I saw some quotes on Instagram about '...starting where you are...with what you have…' and '...not comparing your beginning to someone's middle...', that I got the motivation to blog again and re-explore this creative space. So here I am...back to blogging...and it feels wonderfully purposeful!

I'm in the process of revamping the blog because my taste and vision for the blog has quite changed since I was last active, so please bear with me if you see odd things happening here.

I love reading comments and being able to interact with like-minded beauty/style enthusiasts, so don't be shy to tell me what you think about the blog.

I'll also be getting back to my social networks (yes, I went totally off the grid...lol) so let's get in touch...



Thanks for reading
V



Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read through this post and commenting! I'll reply soon

@vuyelwa_vm

© VERY ME VERY V - South African Beauty Blog. Design by FCD.